We’re looking for creative and motivated people who feel excited about implementing ideas. Let’s create spectacular things together.
SPB – IT Developer Job Description
Based in Hungary and predominantly working for our SPB UK IT development team, we are looking for an experienced Applications developer who can design, build, deploy and support future and legacy business applications across on-prem and cloud platforms to provide secure, modular services that can be easily re-used for any of our Clients and transform our capability and speed to market to delight our Customers and grow our business.
If that’s you and you’re looking for an exciting role with a fast-growing leader in their field - don’t delay, apply today!
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Design, develop and support business critical applications including our bespoke policy and claims management software systems, websites and services.
- Follow industry good-practice in software design and development to meet security, regulatory and compliance controls.
- Utilise captured requirements to develop, change and maintain new and existing software, in line with our policies, standards and procedures.
- Provide day-to-day support to troubleshoot and investigate issues to identify root cause, options and recommendations to resolve.
- Participate in Daily Stand-Ups to review progress/issues/blocks/actions.
- Produce bespoke reports, procedures and queries to support the business as needed.
- Have a flexible approach to be able to support the priorities of the business
Education and/or Experience
- 3-5 years software development experience, ideally in Microsoft .NET, on Windows Server platforms, SQL Server database in virtualised environments.
- Knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure, application design, website functionality, Relational database concepts, SDLC, Client-server and Cloud concepts.
- Enthusiastic with a passion for developing software, having great attention to detail.
- Good level of English, written and verbal.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, prioritise a diverse workload effectively.
- Ability to work under pressure in an environment with varying deadlines.
- Understanding of Security good-practice in systems and process design, development and use.
- Experience in developing solutions using in-house and 3rd party services and resources.
- Experience in modernising, consolidating, virtualising and integrating services.
Competencies and Skills
- .NET = ‘ASP.NET’ or ‘.NET Core’ or ‘ADO.Net’
- Web API (Desirable)
- HTML, CSS
- CMS (eg: Umbraco, WordPress)
- RDBMS (familiarity with concepts, structures etc)
- MS SQL Server - a good understanding of the SQL Server architecture.
- Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services and SSIS (Desirable)
- Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services (Desirable)
- Database management tools (eg: Redgate) (Desirable)
- AWS/Azure cloud platform Design/DevOps
- SDLC (understanding from concept to development, testing and post-implementation support)
- Software development methodologies, processes and tools (Agile, Waterfall, etc)
- Issue tracking (eg:Kanban) (Desirable)
- Source Control (eg: TFS)
- Front-end (eg: Bootstrap) (Desirable)
- Testing (eg: TDD) (Desirable)
- Continuous Integration/Deployment
- Must be able to read, write, speak and communicate in English.
- Must be able to travel to the UK, if required.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Able to articulate problems and resolutions.
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects within project timeframes.
- Solves problems in a logical manner, deals with ambiguity and gets clarity where necessary.
- Asks the right questions to troubleshoot problems to identify root cause.
- Can understand and articulate business impacts of problems and changes.
- Develops secure, robust, compliant and fit-for-purpose solutions from requirements.
- Uses an Agile approach, adept at staging deliverables, shortening cycle times, narrowing focus to only critical few, to deploy quality solutions.
If you feel you are a reasonably close match with skills and experience we’re looking for then please apply!
UX/Web Designer Job Description
We are looking for a Web Designer able to understand business requirements and responsible for condutcing user reaserch and building sitemaps, customer journey, user flows, prototypes, wireframes and mockups.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Work effectively with the sales and project team in facilitating the client’s product vision.
- Studying, analyzing and proposing customer-specific journeys, including business needs.
- Make strategic wireframe designs related to business needs and constraints such as tree structre, sequence of the pages or necessary fields for client instructions.
- Translate customer paths into concepts by understanding and evolving business needs.
- Have a user/customer-centered design approach.
- Deploy graphic models on a wireframe and test and iterate your work.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user journeys, and mockups optimized for different devices and interfaces respecting customers graphic standards.
Education and/or Skills
- Expertise in standard design software is must.
- Adobe CC suite,Wireframe tools (Axure if possible).
- Basic HTML / CSS knowledge.
- Experience in using design practices to design solutions, and understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- Ability communicate clearly and effectively the design processes,and solutions to clients.
- Fluent in French, conversation level in English.
If you feel you have the skills and vocation then please apply!